- Published on Sunday, 19 February 2006 14:00
- Written by Douglas Eadline
- Hits: 4330
So far, members of the communites have provided a "skeleton" on which to build a community/industry resource like no other. This is YOUR resource. No single person or small group of people can make this initiative as successful as a community. I am therefore inviting the community to contribute to a shared open resource from which all will benefit.
A more detailed description of the initiative (including rationale) is on the Agenda Main Page. The elevator pitch is as follows:
What is the Agenda?
- a road map of best practices for Clustering
- a discussion of the challenge areas facing the community/industry
What the Agenda is not.
- a standards document
- a buyers guide
Why should I care?
- The cluster community is vast. Do you know what hardware/software/solutions are available or what projects could help your efforts?
- When someone new enters the community, where do they look? Where can they find a road map written by those "that have been there before?"
There is more discussion on the Agenda pages. Take a look and contribute. It is actually quite easy.