- Published on Tuesday, 27 May 2008 20:00
- Written by Jeff Squyres
- Hits: 6836
Note that "receiving permission" is very different than receiving funding or additional staff to publish said training material. So I chose a very low-budget method to publish this material: recording video and audio of me talking through my training slides (screen- scraping the slides from my laptop's screen). Each video is me narrating a [relatively] small chunk of slides on a specific sub-topic:
- What is MPI? What is Open MPI?
- Basic Architecture and Tuning
- OpenFabrics Concepts
- Open MPI OpenFabrics Protocols (v1.2 series)
- Tuning the Openib BTL (v1.2 series)
- Openib BTL v1.3 Sneak Peak
These videos are somewhat of a test. Do users find them useful? I have other material that I could cover (i.e., more slides), and ideas for additional formats (e.g., terminal screen-scrapes showing actual OMPI usage, demonstrating specific concepts), and others in the OMPI group may be motivated to make some of these if users find them useful. We'd love to hear some feedback on the Open MPI users' mailing list (keeping in mind that these are [very] low-budget productions):
- Do you like these videos / are they useful to you?
- Do you like the format?
- Is the (slides+narration) format useful?
- Would terminal screen-scrape sessions be useful?
- ...other [low-budget] suggestions?
- Do you have recommendations for specific topics that you would like to see?